Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Stories in Hand
I participated in an online class given by JessicaSprague called Stories in Hand. A 6x6 album was decorated with downlads from Jessica & filled with hundreds of memory prompts in different catagories.It took me a few hours to make the album. It is to be kept near my work area and when a blank is drawn on what to scrap or journal etc. waalla _the memory prompt book is right there! We are to dive deep or shallow in the prompts & journal the memories. I am going to use google docs to do my journaling. The prompts she gives are things that you would want to know about the past in photos but no one wrote them.They are prompts to help you tell your story for future generations & questions they might have in the future.We can scrap 100 layouts about birthday parties or scrap stories with photos for future generations to know about our lives & heritage. I made a second book for my daughter but she says she doesn't have time in her life right now to journal.But I bet sometime in the future this little book will be a great help to her to remember & to know what stories are important to past on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so excited for you taking another class! Glad you got some useful things from it. So are you going to take the Designer Academy or did you already?
This was a pleasant surprise to read about another one of your learning experiences.
But I really came by to say Hi You have Been Tagged he he he come by my Blog to play along
http://amberpony.blogspot.com/
I took that class, too! Like you, I use Google Docs. But, then, someone suggested a blog and I made a Blogger account just for SIH. If you'd like to take a look, it is here.
http://suruha-storyteller.blogspot.com/
I still write the stories I come up with in Google Docs. When they are the way I like them, I post them here on Blogger.
That class showed how to collect the stories to go along with the photos. It really helped me. It was extremely emotional for me, though. But, it was all good.
Su
Post a Comment