Monday, July 05, 2004

4th of july 2004

Again this year an absolutely wonderful family event was planned.Credit this year goes to my sister Babs and my nephew Russell.Russ opened up his lake home to the whole family. He was such a gracious host!!! Two pop up tent trailors plus two tents were erected around his house . I myself got to sleep in the house in one of the 3 bedrooms.The longer I was there the more I enjoyed being there.Waking up early and sitting on the deck with Joanie drinking hot chocolate and watching hundreds of gulls on the lake was a gorgeous site to behold.My sister Babs really worked to make this a fine time. She made several trips to the lakehome bringing extra tables ,putting up a screen across garage and cooking two big meals to share for the rest of us.Mikki came with lots of decorations and set up a table of treats that all the kids just oggled at as they passed . Many nieces & nephews came with all kinds of fireworks.Andrew thought he was pretty funny when he lit off two hugh stink bombs. The local town offered lots of activities .Shopping at the craft show (great stuff), lots of garage sales, a parade, street dance, neat restaurants and local fireworks were just a few.I stayed only till Sat.eve.It was hard to leave all the fun. Off I went to the Redfox Cove events. There Jessa and Brandi were in a kiddie parade after which the firetruck sprayed the kids with the firehose followed by community picnic.Divine Swine came again this year with a hugh pig that they schredded for sandwiches. Slam dunk,jumping tent,ducks in water.penny throw ,three legged race,volley ball, pinata ( sponge bob this year)etc. were played.Door prizes given out and lots more. A live band played and it could be heard over the entire neighborhood given a festive mood. The day ended for me with the family swimming in the community pool decorated for the fourth. Jessa thought she was pretty funny trying to tip grandma off the float-something she learned at Russ's the day before!! Later that eve a bomb fire with raosted marshmellows and fireworks would be had but I went on home.I watched the big city fireworks from my back yard.Beautiful.Firecrackers and firebombs going off all over the place. The sky lite up all over .It was really neat.Then to my pleasant surprise I discovered that several amazonbasin members were online and eager to play a game .So I brought my pally and joined them . My pally was killed by those oblivian knights a few times. I guess I am suppose to switch to blessed hammer and concentration when I see them.But how? my hotkeys are already full with other switches.Oh well I'll figure it out.

No comments: