I did it! I bought myself a new camera for Christmas. A Nikon D5000 with 18-55 & a 55-200 VR zoom lenses.
It was hard for me to buy it because I am such a pragmatic person & I have a fijifilm finepix point & shoot camera that works just fine. I've wondered about D-SLR cameras for a while & have never had one . I have no intentions of even being an amateur photographer.I just want to take nice photos of my famiy for memory keeping & for my digitalscrapbooking. I've been reassured this camera will beat the pants off my point & shoot.
I signed up for 365 Challenge at Elements Village. In 2011 a photo a day to be taken using a theme list & posted on a blog to share with other members taking the challenge. It will be a great way to learn how to use my new camera. I've spent an evening reading the manual.It will take me a long time to learn this camera.First I will use auto mode & then just experiment with the two lens,then on to scene modes & maybe down the line I will venture a try at manual mode.But that is in the future.
3 comments:
You will love your dslr...I am a Canon "girl" and can hardly be parted from it...only amateur and as you say...to preserve memories for my family. If you take it one bite at a time it will remain FUN and not overwhelming. I still don't shoot on full manual but am now up to aperature priority so am getting there. Enjoy your new camera!
As a fellow Nikon Nut, my advice is that you will only use Auto for a week. Learn what exposure settings work then set the dial to A (Aperture Mode) then the camera will decide on duration for you. Quickly Show us some photos with the new toy.
You will love all the freedom and choices you have with your new toy! So glad you are joining us!
Post a Comment